Sunday, April 27, 2008

and so it begins...

I have two very well spoken and creative friends who have been blogging for a while. They always tell me that I should get in on the game but something always stops me..insert rationalization of choice here. But sitting here tonight in a Valium haze, I figured "Why not"? I also wondered why I saw the Care Bears walking by but that is another story.

I am soon to be 44 and have yet again not acheived the same goals that I set for myself every year. You know the ones that start with..by my next birthday I will lose weight, get out of debt, get laid, etc. Anyway, they never seem to happen because of one thing or another.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining ( well maybe a little). I am a very lucky person. I come from a very close, very functional family. I have great friends who I have known since Jesus was in second grade, and fabulous nieces and nephews who adore me because I encourage fart jokes and ask them to worship Mel Brooks as a god.

I sit reading my friends blogs and realize that it really is a great way to connect with other people and talk about all types of stuff, both funny and sometimes painful. I think that is the reason why I finally decided to start my own page, because maybe if I talk about goals, I might actually achieve some.

By the way, if I do say something that you feel would qualify as a rationalization, feel free to throw the Bullshit flag!!!

2 comments:

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

Welcome to all things bloggy! It will be addictive and make you want to run screaming, both.

Oh, and for the record. That whole blogging about goals makes you acheive them? Not so much But it's fun none the less. :)~

we_be_toys said...

Jesus was in second grade once?

Welcome to the Blogoshpere...muhahahaha!

Goals are good, writing about them is good too; blogging making you actually DO something? Yeah, not so much. But its fun!!

"I might dance around the house in my underwear. It doesn't make me Madonna,never will." Joan Cusack, Working Girl.