Thursday, May 15, 2008

they say it's my birthday da da da dada da da...

Well, I am officially 44 today. I remember when I was young...so long ago... when grown-ups would say how they came around quicker and quicker each year. They knew what of they spoke..damn.

Being another year older doesn't bother me at all. No, but what does bother me is the fact that this is about the 33rd birthday in a row that I have said these words "this is the last birthday I will be at fighting weight". Somehow another whole year has gone by and I have not lost a pound. Well, that is not exactly true, I have probably lost about 50 lbs here and there but have gained it all back pretty fast. One of my favorite quotes is when Carol Burnette said that she had gained and lost the same ten pounds so many times, that her cellulite has deja vu.

Okay, enough of the pity party. I joined Curves the other day and have a date with the WW's this weekend. Who knows? Maybe this could be the last year as the heavyweight champion. Maybe birthday 45 will finally bring a different goal to achieve.

I am going to focus all my energy on those positive thoughts and allow myself to enjoy this day for what it is....shopping, moms eggplant parm and a movie. Happy Birthday to me!

3 comments:

FairiesNest said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy yourself dear...and I know that eggplant is the world's BEST!

we_be_toys said...

Happy Birthday Pookie!
Here's to getting rid of that "fighting weight" baby - I guess we're all on the wagon now!

Cindy's right - your mom's eggplant parmeseana is incredible - and I don't even like eggplant!

Can't wait until we do up your birthday next weekend - woohoo!!!

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! No thinking about yuckie stuff like weight on your Birthday! That's for the week after your birthday (or in this case, the day after our weekend celebration). Whoop it up!

ps.. I was going to call and sing to you today, but I can't do that in an office full of people. Guess what's waiting for you on your answering machine! Tee hee!